Under UK GDPR 2021, Red Oak Consulting LLP (company number OC313216 and registered office at Pure Offices, Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham GL51 6SH) is the controller of your personal information and responsible for this website, www.redoakconsulting.co.uk. Our contact details are provided at the end of this notice.
Red Oak Consulting is committed to making sure that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Red Oak Consulting may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01st March 2021.
Data we collect
We collect, store and transfer the following data:
- Name, email address and company name of users of the website. This information will only be collected if provided voluntarily by a user on a relevant form.
- As you interact with our website, we automatically collect data relating to your location (only country/city), equipment, browsing actions and patterns using cookies. This data is only available to us in an anonymised form and cannot be used to identify an individual.
- We do not collect any sensitive information about you.
What we do with the data we collect
The lawful basis for our use of your personal information is to fulfil our legitimate interests to give you the best possible experience of our website and/or to comply with our legal/contractual obligations.
This means that we use your data in the following ways:
- We may use the data to improve our HPC and Cloud technology solution.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, events, seminars, newsletter or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may contact you using an email address in order to respond to an inquiry.
- To supply you with information by email that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time).
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including any legal or reporting requirements.
How do we keep you personal information secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is fully secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We may share your personal information with external third parties, such as IT service providers and relevant authorities where required to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Your personal information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the UK or the EEA (such as the USA). We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and treated in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable data protection laws.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the private policy of the linked website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about the HPC and Cloud industry services and events which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to or email us.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible.
- For further information on your rights, see the guidance on individual rights from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
- If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us in the first instance so that we can try to address any concerns you have directly. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you apply for a job with us
If you apply for a job with us, we will collect, store and use personal information about you, including information provided in a CV or cover letter, during interviews, qualifications records, references and records of pre-employment checks, including right to work and a criminal record declaration.
We collect this information direct from you and from third parties, such as former employers and recruitment consultants.
We use the recruitment information we collect to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role.
- Carry out lawful background and reference checks.
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
- Keep records to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We retain recruitment information for up to one year to evidence the recruitment has been conducted in a fair and transparent way.
We can be contacted using the following address and email:
36 Pure Offices