The Year 2020, so far….
We think it is fair to say that when the population woke on 1st January 2020 no one would have thought the year was going to turn out as it is! This challenging, unprecedented year has made us all look, review, adapt and re-prioritise what is both necessary and important.
Whilst the challenges continue for many, Red Oak Consulting throughout 2020 has remained focused on ensuring High-Performance Computing doesn’t have to be one of the challenges. As a business we continue to guide and assist customers on the best in class HPC solutions whilst building for a future which is sustainable, for all.
Having conducted several HPC in the Cloud projects we continue to expand our experience in the area of operating HPC in the Cloud. During the course of 2020 we have led the way in full HPC migration to the Cloud whilst helping customers who are at the very start of their HPC journey. Our knowledge on HPC in Cloud remains unrivalled.
To find out more about the team please go to https://www.redoakconsulting.co.uk/our-people/
We are proud to say that as a business we continue to grow. The expansion of the Technical team has led to a new Principal Consultant being appointed and the appointment of a new Business Consultant. Our accreditations as a business increase ensuring each of our consultants are all Cloud Architects in either Azure or Google.
No matter what the rest of 2020 brings and what the outlook for 2021 holds, we guarantee Red Oak Consulting, will continue to lead the way in HPC and Cloud Computing expertise. We will continue to focus on our customers, ensuring objectives are met, productivity is increased and value remains at the forefront of all HPC solutions.
Meet The Team
From left to right: Fouad Husseini, Vasco Gervasi, Manveer Munde, Dairsie Latimer, Nick Skingle and Sylvie Ferguson!
Red Oak Consulting is now a “GOLD” Microsoft Azure Partner.
Our expertise doesn’t stop there! Our team also consists of a Google Cloud certified Cloud Engineer
The transition from HPC On-Premise to Cloud can be daunting. But it doesn’t have to be. Join us on 2nd December at 11am for our latest HPC webinar. Supported by Microsoft we will be focusing on the Transition of HPC to the Cloud. Listen to what we have learnt from the projects we have successfully led over the last 18 months. What to look out for, what to avoid and what could go wrong if you let it!
Register today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To help you on your way below are a few dos and don’ts when reviewing HPC in the Cloud from our specialist team of experts!
* Have a HPC Strategy;
* Understand what is important to your organisation and why Cloud may be a benefit;
* Make sure you fully understand your applications;
* Make sure you understand your data and its management;
* Think of storage and the difference between Cloud and On-Premise;
* Remember the changes in software licences and act quickly;
* Do include the IT non functionals as early on as possible;
* Remember you will need time and budget to upskill your IT staff.
* Forget moving HPC to the Cloud is change and change needs managing;
* Don’t forget stakeholder engagement;
* Don’t forget your users and their requirements;
* Don’t forget the reasons for doing this – Value, Productivity, Sustainability;
* Don’t forget to leave enough time for porting software and applications;
* Don’t forget how critical non-functions will be to a migration;
* Don’t forget the requirement for upskilling IT staff.
If you have any questions or want to know more then please get in touch with us!
New for 2021:
Red Oak Consulting working towards ISO27001
Red Oak Consulting goes International!!
The Red Oak Consulting Seminars, will return!